How to Use CBD Isolate Crystals
CBD Crystals are CBD in its purest form, most containing 0% THC. For mixing crystals, it all depends on what you want the mg per ml to be. CBD crystals can be used in many ways whether it's mixing with your favourite e-liquid or adding some with your favourite food, you can even sprinkle it in your beverage such as tea or coffee.
Here at House of CBD we offer the 500mg CBD crystals by Harmony, if using this brand of crystals, you would calculate it by dissolving the 500mg in a 10ml, 20ml or even 50ml which give you the ratios of 50mg/ml or 5% CBD (10ml), 25mg/ml or 2.5% CBD (20ml), 5mg/ml or 0.5% CBD (50ml).
We have created a step-by-step guide for when you try to mix CBD crystal with your favourite e-liquid;
- Make sure you are not allergic to PG as this can cause skin irritations.
- Make sure you know the VG/PG combination of the e-liquid you are going to use.
- PG tends to mix a lot better with crystal isolate, dissolve the amount of CBD desired into a PG liquid by either gentle heating or shaking, mix with your favourite High VG liquid.
P.S. The more CBD used, the more chance of it recrystallising (isolate separating from liquid) which can clog your coil…
The calculation is pretty simple, amount of mg in CBD divided by the amount of liquid mixed with equals to CBD mg per ml.
Here are a few examples of the ratios you would get when mixing crystals:
The easiest method of ingesting crystals is by dabbing them under the tongue or mixing with food and beverages. This can be measured by using kitchen scales or eyeballing. This method is a lot less accurate when trying to moderate the amount taken. Isolate powder dissolves and mixes a lot easier with drinks.
Here are a few tips when mixing:
- Best to consume crystals/powder with other foods or after eating.
- Do not consume on an empty stomach, it will be harder for your body to absorb the CBD.
- When ingesting CBD, effects will take around 30-90 minutes to kick in.
- Less CBD will be absorbed when ingesting if compared to vaping CBD
Depending on what you prefer, you can either consume the CBD by either ingesting or vaping. One difference is that vaping goes straight to the bloodstream, this means that when vaping CBD, the user will feel the CBD a lot faster than ingesting (30-90 minutes). In addition to this, if you ingest 500mg of CBD, you are not likely to absorb as much as inhaling.
We are always nearby, whether it's by phone, live chat via our website or in store, we are on hand to offer support and advice.
House of CBD - Team
1. Harmony (Here)
2. CBD Safely (Here)